The MAGLITE® Technology:
Originally MAGLITE® flashlights used Krypton or Xenon incandescent bulps manufactured in their own factory in Bavaria, Germany. Today MAGLITE® manufactures their LED models in Ontario California, United States of Amercia. This been said current models have the LED Technology, although the Incandescent flashlights with bulps Made in Germany are still available from MAG Instruments, Inc. , a USA Manufacturer.
Anthony Maglica, known for his obsession with precision engineering, craftmanship and commitment to perfection, was not satisfied with the performance of a „regular“ LED as a usable light source. Mr. Maglica set his sights on producing an LED light source that would have the kind of durability, reliability, and performance MAGLITE® flashlights are known for. With an emphasis on uncompromising performance MAG-LED™ Technology is the result of that quest.
The Next Generation MAG-LED® Technology includes:
- a new High Performance LED
- a more Powerful Projecting LED Beam that focuses simply by rotating the head
- Enhanced Balanced Optics™ - Refining a concept pioneered by Mag Instrument, the „next generation Mag® LED flashlight combines a newly re-designed reflector with the LED module platform in order to take advantage of significantly higher output intensity.
- Intelligent Energy Source Management - The second generation Mag® LED flashlight includes a sophisticated electronic LED module which continuously monitors the balance between high brightness and efficient power usage allowing for prolonged battery life.
- Extended Battery Life - Compared to incandescent flashlights of similar battery count and similar lumen output, the user can expect much improved battery longevity from this „next generation“ flashlight.
PLUS: All of the quality features professionals and consumers expect from a Mag® flashlight:
- Rugged, machined aluminium construction with knurled design.
- Anodized inside and out for improved corrosion resistance.
- Water and shock resistant.
MAGLITE® goes the extra step in the products by maximizing the use of the energy stored in the battery to give the flashlight some of the longest on times in the business. As MAGLITE® wants to provide the consumer with the most balanced lighting tool, giving strength to all the categories of the ANSI standard instead of focusing only on lumens. This is what sets MAGLITE® apart from the rest, their long standing commitment to provide the consumer with a product that is going to be durable, technologically innovative and aesthetically pleasing.
Furthermore in our latest products the ML150LR™ and ML300L™ 4D Cell, the MAGLITE® patented Heat Sink Technology can be found. Our first two flashlights with more than 1,000-lumen did not happen by accident. As white-light power LED technology has improved, Mag Instrument R&D has been paying attention. With latest-generation LEDs, it’s possible to produce more light with lower power consumption than could have been imagined even a short while ago. But new ultra-bright LEDs also brought new challenges: They generate lots of heat; and if an LED overheats, its efficiency plummets. As its temperature rises, the LED demands more and more power to make less and less light. Heat management, therefore, is a critical challenge, one that holds the key to unlock the full light-producing potential of the newest, brightest LEDs. Mag Instrument has met that challenge by developing an innovative heat-sinking technology.